SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

My computer guy is a keeper

Jasdip
2 years ago

I've been using the same computer guy for a number of years.....he's an independent. He charges a flat $50 rate, whether it takes a few days to fix it, or it's a quick fix. I think that's a good deal.

Yesterday I was trying to do a zoom call.....never done one before, and my camera kept freezing. It froze the whole time. I googled and noodled around trying to fix it and I finally called my guy.

I told him I could probably uninstall the driver but didn't know how to do that (as per suggestions). He told me how to do it, and what I did was roll the driver back to the previous update and it's working.

We talked about various things while I was doing this....the election etc.

This fixed the issue, my video was working and he laughingly said to send him a $50 cheque. I told him I absolutely will pay him and he told me not to, it was a quickie fix over the phone and he knows I'll be in whenever I need to buy or have anything repaired.

Anyway, I did send him a $25 e-transfer and told him in the message that I couldn't have done it without him.

I just talked to him to make sure he got it and he told me he didn't accept it, that it was something simple over the phone and he didn't feel right taking my money.

Comment

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!