SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peter_shackleton

Exterior Design & Color Help (2-storey Half Brick - Half Siding)

Peter Shackleton
2 years ago

I would like to update the exterior of my mid-70's 2-storey, half red brick and half white aluminum siding home.

The process has begun because we need a new front door. We purchased the house 10+ years ago and never really liked the blue shutters and doors, so now the question is what color should the new door be and should the shutters and garage door be painted as well?

The siding is aluminum and has never been painted (and is in great shape), and I am nervous to have it painted because the maintenance is so effortless at the moment. I also imagine that the cost to paint the aluminum would be significant, but acknowledge it would have the greatest impact at changing the look of the house. Should I paint or stick with the white?

I would be interested in hearing any and all thoughts (big and small) that would give my house a facelift and bring my house into the 21st century.

(Sorry for the picture, with the plants I had no way of capturing the garage door in the image - it is the same color as the door and shutters)

Peter

Comments (8)