SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
campjenni

URGENT :) Paint for combined master bed/nursery!

Jenni Lee
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Please help me!! I'm having a baby any day now. She'll be our second in a 2 bedroom bungalow, so for the foreseeable future we plan on sharing our master bedroom with baby. House is 1950's with typical teeny'/nonexistent closets, so I hired a guy to build ours out, in order to be able to ditch the giant Pax we've been using since we moved in. Of course that all got delayed, so now I'm in my final week of pregnancy with an unfinished room (eek!). Need help choosing a paint colour!

Floors are a dark engineered hardwood. High ceilings, white crown molding. One window, doesn't get a ton of natural light. Bed will be in front of window. pictured below are new closet doors, new bed, and rug that will go in the end of room opposite the bed, along with grey-brown hemnes large dresser (used as change table) and a white poang and lamp for nursing corner. Comforter is grey-white-black to hide dog fur.

Issue with walls is that one of them is done in some kind of very old textured beige wallpaper (thought it was grasscloth but not sure on closer inspection) and I don't really have the time right now realistically to deal with that so it's going to have to stay (for now!) so what's a wall paint that would be nice with these components, and not look terrible next to a beigey wallpapered wall?

I'm going out this afternoon to get something and will be getting it painted tomorrow. Yes, I should have sorted this all out much earlier... Working full time, pregnant, with a preschooler underfoot due to covid closures has a way of intervening in the best laid plans!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much.

roughed-in closet shell, doors and closet kit going in next.

the beige wall that will be staying. old bedframe, current duvet cover, current dresser

new bedframe

new rug

closet doors

closeup of what I think is the wallpaper, it feels hard/plastery? Does anyone know what this is? Can it in fact be painted over easily?

Comments (6)