SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathyny76

Tips on "babying" my Fantasy Brown?

Kathy Rivera
2 years ago

My brand new Fantasy Brown has etched. :(

I mean, I'd read the stories about it being a real possibility, but I also read the ones about having no issue. I decided to believe I'd be the no issue category. But a couple wet-bottomed glasses left for a few hours (unbeknownst to me!) - ugh, big circles. See it in the sunlight patch on the pony wall top?

There's another next to the sink just out of frame of this shot. Luckily they aren't super conspicuous, but I am going to use the heck out of my beautiful island!

I know I'll need to be prepared for quick clean ups, but wondered it anyone had and great products or ideas they use to keep their temperamental stones safer? Like mats or coasters that are great at absorbing but not transferring the water to the counter? Any way you've begun prepping (aside from cutting boards) so keep your counters safe? If I put a mat or something down for someone to put utensils or a drink on and the towel gets damp, will that etch it too? Does everything need to be "waterproof" on the bottom?

I know these probably sound like dumb questions, but I feel like I always hear about these cool tips and tricks here, so I thought maybe the marble or etching quartizite people might have something to put my mind at ease (no, I'm not one who will grow to love those etch circles - I promise! LOL).

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio