SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emmie2

fantasy brown granite w/ Sunset cherry cabs : backsplash assistance

emmie2
7 years ago

ok so earlier you were kind enough to help me decide where to end my backsplash.(thank you). Now I"m requesting assistance in choosing it's color. This is a mini-remodel keeping 19yr old Kraftmaid Sunset stain, cherry wood cabinets in their original footprint, updating stainless steel appliances, and replacing the old faux green marble laminate countertops with Fantasy Brown Granite. So far, so good.

i've seen some beautiful tilework on these forums but most are linked with painted white or very dark cabinets. it's very hard to get an idea of what will work via one tile samples and also because i am finding it tough to find pictures in the same family as what I have put together.

i find myself repeatedly drawn to (1)elongated subway tiles and have learned from your advice to stay away from busy tilework as my granite is busy enough, "She" truly is the star of this kitchen. and (2) tiles with variation in the color. So these are some of the things i've come up with:

the Encore crackle tile-silver, bali, sky and I really like Ice but can't find a picture of it in use. i don't have a sample of Ice to look at but do have the others.

the fireclay series- really love their glass tile but am hesitant to commit. i have french linen, tusk , gardenia and 2 others. the two that are decent are FL and Tusk, but i don't love them and their colors seem " too saturated" if you know what I mean?

(3) home depot white (not the polar ice but a subdued white)subway tile with gray grout

i'm technically challenged and therefore can't cut and paste. If anyone is able would you be able to help a girl out? any thoughts or advice, both on color or direction would be greatly appreciated.

also as an fyi i'm considering putting a panel of SS behind my slide in JennAire Induction range up into the Kitchenmaid OTR SS microwave/hood. (not a fan of or but ductwork out of the question). i will try to upload some pictures Thak you

Comments (13)