SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Last DVD/Bluray disc and last CD (music) that you bought

Lars
2 years ago

This is not about music downloads or streaming movies.

What is the last movie that you bought on a physical disc?

What is he last music CD that you bought?

Checking my Amazon purchases over the past year, I seem to buy a movie on disc about every two months - I never pay for streaming movies, although I might consider it. The last DVD that I bought was Ready to Rumble, with David Arquette. I watched the IMDB preview and thought it might be pretty funny - I like the scene in which David says that he has an actress's poster on his wall, and she asks him which one. I found out about this movie after seeing a photo of David Arquette on line in which he was wearing a suit very similar to the one he was wearing when I met him 20 years ago:

at a comic book convention at the Staples Center, downtown L.A. He was speaking with Pee-Wee Herman about a new movie that was being released at the time - I think it was Mystery Men, which I've never seen. It might have been a movie that never got released - I just remember that Paul Reubens acted and looked very creepy, and so I avoided him. David Arquette was very nice and friendly, however.

The last CD I bought was on August 7, 2020 and was Keeley Smith - Swing, Swing, Swing. I bought it mainly for the song Palm Springs Jump, which I had heard on a Huell Howser show about Palm Springs. When I do buy music CDs, I always rip them first and then rarely play the CDs after that, although I do have a boombox that plays CDs, and I have a couple of Caro Emerald CDs that I like for that. I've only had those for a couple of years. I do tend to download music now rather than buy CDs, but I do still buy movies on disc. Kevin works for Sony Pictures Entertainment in the Bluray department, which is dependent on people still buying movie discs, which they do.

Comments (32)