SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blueberrybundtcake

New Monstera, enlighten me!

BlueberryBundtcake - 6a/5b MA
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I got this Monstera as a gift, and I need some tips for its care.

When I first unwrapped it:

This morning:

It's in a pot inside the planter; the instructions said to pot it directly into the planter with some polished stones on top, but that seemed like a watering nightmare, since the planter has no drainage holes and the rocks seem like they'd just make watering complicated (more so with the innerpot set up I've got here). I just dropped the pot it was in into the planter.

I'm assuming I need to stake it up so it can climb and not flop. Is there a certain stake that works best?

I watered it last night by running water through it in the sink. Is that the best technique for this plant, or would it prefer a soak?

How quickly is it going to outgrow this pot/planter? (Has it already?) I could probably get a slightly bigger inner pot for it.

Does it really need to be directly in the planter, or is pot in a pot fine? I'm assuming the rocks would just be decorative.

This is near a south facing door/window that leads to a covered porch. Is this the appropriate level of light? I don't want it to yellow from too much light.

Thanks!

BlueberryBundtcake

Comments (5)