SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
agk2003

Can someone enlighten me on front loaders?

agk2003
8 years ago

hello all, my husband and i are about to buy our first washer & dryer set. my mother always had top loaders so that's all i've ever used at home. at school and while living in apartment building rentals and then in our co-op, we used front loaders. i'm not sure if it's because they were in a commercial environment but i always thought they didn't clean well. now i'm looking into reviews and see that front loaders seem to be the preferred washer, but at the same time, i'm reading about mold/mildew issues and having to wipe down the inside and/or run sanitizing cycles. if they have these types of issues, what is the draw to front loaders vs. top loaders? we are living with my folks during these last few months of our reno and my mom's 8 year old top load kenmore still seems like a great machine. not to be gross but my husband's white t-shirts that he wears under his work dress shirts have gone from those gross yellow pit stains to actually looking clean. my mom actually asked me the other day if i bought new t-shirts lol. anyway, just curious as to your thoughts. thank you! ps- we don't have kids we generally don't do more than 3 loads/week.

Comments (21)