Does celery really add that much flavor?
5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (20)
Related Discussions
Do Lemon Drop peppers really have citrus flavor?
Comments (11)Haven't tried that yet. Here's the recipe I developed. 1 cup diced fatalis 1 cup grated carrot 1/2 large white onion, chopped 6-8 garlic cloves, smashed 1/4 cup white wine vinegar 1/4 cup lime juice 1/2 cup water, or just use one cup of Goya Bitter Orange in place of the water, vinegar, and lime juice. Both are good. 1 teaspoon white pepper 1 teaspoon table salt, or to taste 1 tablespoon sugar Sauteed the veggies in a tablespoon of olive oil 8-10 minutes, cool, and dump into your blender, along with the liquids and dry ingredients. Blend on high for two minutes. Strain through a medium mesh strainer. This is a refrigerated sauce....See MoreHow much CFM does a grill really need?
Comments (18)There are multiple issues with hood cfm and MUA requirements that need to be addressed, including: Safety is dependent on whether the fan at full power with windows however you will open them without fail causes the house pressure to fall below about 0.03 inches of water; but(!), this is only an issue if there are combustion appliances that can be back-drafted by the pressure drop or if there is an operating open fireplace. A cracked window is going to provide only modest MUA cfm at low pressure drop. A wide open window (with screen) is needed for larger capacity ventilation if the pressure is to stay below the threshold of back-drafting. Restricted MUA causes a pressure drop which in turn reduces the capacity of the ventilation system. There is always MUA for whatever flow rate the hood actually achieves. For part of the year in most of the USA and Canada, the outside temperature is low enough that normal household room heating capacity (BTU/hr/room with window open) will not be sufficient for the larger ventilation fan capabilities. This means that it will get cold inside for the duration of grilling or wokking unless a blower supported MUA system is used with a heat exchanger. To keep rising effluent from curling out of the hood due to its momentum and "reflections" in the internal hood geometry, it is necessary for the air velocity established by the exhaust fan in the vicinity of the baffles (or in mesh hoods at the bottom) to equal the velocity of the rising cooking effluent. Because the fan air velocity will be about the same over the entire critical area, the flow rate (cfm) has to be about equal to the effluent velocity times the area. (There are fluid dynamics effects around baffles that make this kind of rule of thumb somewhat approximate.) People have different tolerances for how much odor they want in their houses, how much grease and moisture escape they will tolerate, and how cold they will allow their house to get (or their guests to get). This leads to a wide range of views on how well their venting system works. If limited by aesthetics, architecture, and cost, as most of us are, then one can only do his affordable best and accept less than perfect results. kas My Clippings has more on this subject...See MoreHow much maintenence does granite require really
Comments (12)At first I was paranoid about it but now I take it for granted and don't worry about it. There are many products that are called granite cleaner with sealer for daily use that I use like I would 409. I also have a light ivory granite. If it got a stain, you would not be able to tell it would just look like part of the granite for the most part since it is patterned. I was uptight about even a water spot for several months after we first got it but now I know that water spots dry out, that nothing really is going to hurt it even if it does stain, it will just blend in for the most part but it never has. My Corian would stain once in awhile with carrot juice or other type of things like when my coffee maker was leaking. I haven't had any problems with my granite staining at all. It's just not an issue. It cleans up as well as any other counter top I have had. The worst countertop I had that stained was when we were living in an apartment while building our house and it had a white laminate counter top. I was always scrubbing to get out marks on it. Maybe because after so many years the coating was worn off but it was such a pain!!! Go for granite and do not worry. It will be fine. I don't use hot pads anymore either....See MoreIt just adds more flavor
Comments (4)When I make stir-fry, hubby likes some of the veggies, especially onions, be over-cooked and caramelized. And I agree, it gives a nice flavor. He also likes grilled onions on his hamburger, instead of raw. In fact, if I caramelize onions, I've gotten hubby to eat quite a few things he might not otherwise, such as stir-fried amaranth leaves with caramelized onions (a recipe I found on-line). I hope your beans turn out. My slow cooker cooks much too hot (even on low) to do anything overnight without drying out. I use my Thermal Cooker for that application. -Grainlady Here is a link that might be useful: Another Kitchen Must-Have - Thermal Cooker...See More- 5 years agojupidupi thanked dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
Related Stories

GARDENING GUIDESHerb Garden Essentials: Versatile Cilantro Adds Flavor to Herb Gardens
Love it or hate it, this cool-season herb contributes its unique flavor to any number or the world’s cuisines
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESExtreme Herb Gardening for Extreme Flavor
Fresh herbs grown at home are the secret to sumptuous meals for you and your guests
Full Story
INSIDE HOUZZHow Much Does a Remodel Cost, and How Long Does It Take?
The 2016 Houzz & Home survey asked 120,000 Houzzers about their renovation projects. Here’s what they said
Full Story
EDIBLE GARDENSWhy Grow Quince? For Beauty, Fragrance and Old-Time Flavor
Delightfully perfumed fruit and lovely spring blossoms make this apple and pear cousin worth a spot in the garden
Full Story
RUSTIC STYLEHouzz Tour: Home’s Idaho Flavor Balances Rustic and Luxe
Local flora, fauna and textures come together in this relaxing vacation house on the state’s largest lake
Full Story
MEDITERRANEAN STYLEHouzz Tour: Global Flavor for a Mediterranean-Style Home
Scarlet swaths, travel-acquired art and custom furnishings bring a family home in Portland to life
Full Story
FURNITUREUse Wicker and Rattan for a Tropical Flavor All Year Round
Find out more about what separates — and unites — these classic materials
Full Story
KITCHEN MAKEOVERSKitchen of the Week: Preserving a 1970 Home’s Modern Flavor
The kitchen’s walnut cabinetry, funky backsplash tile and bright orange vent hood complement the home’s architecture
Full Story
CONTEMPORARY HOMESHouzz Tour: Industrial Flavor and Playful Touches in a 1980s Home
A designer helps a San Francisco couple create a home with modern, eclectic style
Full Story
EDIBLE GARDENSHow to Add an Apple Tree to Your Edible Garden
Readily available, beautiful and fragrant, apple trees offer four-season interest along with crisp, juicy fruit
Full StorySponsored
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Franklin Cnty OH

jupidupiOriginal Author