SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ohnowhathaveidone

Warm dim recessed LED lighting that starts at 4000k color temp?

ohnowhathaveidone
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello-

I'm new to the houzz community, but see that you all have a dedicated lighting discussion area. I'm looking for something of a unicorn in the residential lighting market - a flangeless (trimless) LED downlight that warms the color temperature when dimming, but that starts at 4000k with no dim - NOT 3000k.

The other features of the light are pretty pedestrian; round, white, fixed (not adjustable) with flood beam. It's the trimless and warm dim starting at 4000k that seem to be combo that I can't find.

I've looked at WAC, Tech and Alcon and only found starting temps of 3000k. For the Zaneen Bioniq line I can't find documentation of where their warm dim color temperature starts at.

What's frustrating is that I've found press releases / marketing material for the makers of the LED PCBs intended to be integrated into luminaries that list warm dim specs of 4000k to 2700k - which is perfect! But I'm striking out on finding products suitable for a residential install that actually use those boards.

edit: found the answer in the commercial lighting sector, see below.

Comments (5)