SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

So excited: pre-wedding prep!

Annie Deighnaugh
2 years ago

As you may know, our neighbor's son is getting married soon (the one I'm making the coasters for). Seems their house is full of out of town family and the groom was concerned with where he and his ushers could get dressed. They asked me, as I'm right next door, if the fellows could use our guest suite to get ready. I am so honored and delighted! Especially not having kids of my own, I can vicariously be the "mother of the groom" for this one. I suspect they and the whole family will want to take some pictures here too before they leave for the wedding.

My question for all of you is, I know these things can be far more elaborate than they were in my day. The wedding is taking place on a late Friday pm with reception into the evening. Knowing my neighbor, everyone will be fed more than enough. But should I have some nibbles for them? Or will that risk messing up a jacket or two? Glasses of prosecco? Or is it a bad idea to serve any alcohol before the wedding, even if it's just to toast? Is there anything else we should consider?

Thank you all so wise and experienced people in advance!

Comments (44)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!