SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arleneb

Our very exciting day . . . good and bad . . .

arleneb
15 years ago

It was a busy and exciting day at our new house! Painters and trim carpenters continued their work. The two hardwood floors -- dining room and den -- were put in. And biggest . . . all the countertops were installed! Seams are all acceptable, and everything looks good. That's the good part . . .

The bad: Faucets for one of the guest bath sinks are "missing." We distributed all plumbing materials to their places last week -- sinks, faucets, showers, etc. One set is missing. We're sure they were there last week . . .

More bad: My Silgranit kitchen sink has a crack. We thought it was okay but apparently not. It was packed perfectly for shipping; we just don't know when/how/where this happened. It's past the point where we could make any claim, so we're replacing it and will use this as a garage sink eventually, repairing it however we can, in a situation where looks won't matter. I'll have a pretty glam garage sink!

One more little bad: The prep sink faucet is simply too large. We hope to be able to return it to the plumbing supply house. Picked up a new one, plus replacements for the missing ones, at Lowe's tonight. Compromise is sometimes the only answer.

And bad but good: There were tornadoes all around us today. We're south of Nashville, and we were listening carefully to the radio, ready to head for the storm room. Once we even heard the siren go off. During this time, there were two granite crews, painters, flooring installers, trim guys, and DH and me. I was wondering if we'd all fit into the storm room, but finally things settled down. So, bad that there were storms but good that they missed us.

Anyway, it was a BIG day at our house!! Tomorrow we clean, so we can have our first family event at the house: Carry-in Easter dinner! No appliances, but counters to serve from!

Comments (2)