SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizzychap

Master bath tile layout, counter choice - advice appreciated

lizzychap
2 years ago

Attached are photos of the tile and vanity I've purchased for our master bath remodel.

The vanity is Kohler poplin in linen color. I've also attached pictures of the rough framing of the shower and vanity wall. The mosaic tile is honed calacatta and the large porcelain tile is 18X36. Hexagon (4") is for the entire bath floor, including shower. I was going to use the chevron mosaic above the vanity to the ceiling with a beautiful calacatta countertop and shower threshold, but the unexpected cost of calacatta has thrown a wrench into my plan. The large tile is for shower walls with niche in chevron.

Vanity:

Master Bathroom · More Info

Floor Tile:

Shower wall and niche tile:

Below is the tile with Cambria White Cliff.

The White Cliff looks whiter in this photo.

Master bath · More Info

Master bath · More Info

Today I'm thinking of just going up to the top of the half wall with the large tile and then marble pencil and then chevron to the ceiling. I'm also going to reduce the height of the niche. Or, large tile on back wall of shower and chevron floor to ceiling on short wall of shower. Then perhaps shiplap vanity wall so I don't have to worry about matching vanity top with the tile.

Any opinions on White Cliff with calacatta, or suggestions on countertop that would go with the calacatta mosaic? Imperial Danby?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Comments (3)