SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rmaunder

Bathroom renovation tile and floor transition at doorway

rmaunder
2 years ago

To any bathroom renovating companies or tiling pros out there, is this right?

We're in the middle of a bathroom renovation and the tiler has installed the screed at a slight angle within the door frame. The screed butts up to the door jam on one side and is 15mm short of the door jam on the other side. There is a spacer between the door jam and the screed on one side to secure this gap. When I questioned this, they replied that they were making the room square for tiling purposes and we wouldn't notice it when everything is done.

Once that spacer is removed on th 15mm short side, there will be an obvious gap/hole in the flooring. What am I missing? Why didn't they butt up to both door jams? Are they cutting costs/giving themselves an easier job? Am I right to get them to fix this?

The bathroom floor will be 50mm higher than adjoining room's floor once finished. The adjoining room is a bedroom with carpeted floor. See pics for more detail. Spacer is on the right side of the door looking into the bathroom or bottom of photo looking at it from above. Third pic is looking out just to give perspective.

Comments (6)