SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vicki_massey74

Need help picking out window treatments please!

Vicki Massey
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I would love advice on what window treatments I should do for this house. It is a beach house that will be used as a rental. The wall paint is SW Icicle which is a very blue white. In the house I see more of a soft blue but in sunlight the paint swatch looks like a white. I tried to keep the colors in the house to shades of blues, teals, white, and sandy colors.

I have never really picked out my own window treatments before and not sure what to do.

I want something inexpensive as this will be used as a rental. I want something without cords. I am leaning towards cellular light filtering but am open to similar price point alternatives. I do not want curtains as the large living area has very high vaulted ceilings and so I think curtains would be hard to do right. Also the windows are rather small. I have 5 windows in the living/kitchen area that are 34" x 58. The bedroom windows are 59"wide x 40 h.

Also, from the way the house is positioned, I don't notice any hot sun steaming in at any parts of the day. And we have nice views in the living area that we want to enjoy and not cover up. The living room windows look out onto a large grassy field and nearest house is good 1/4 miles away so living room privacy not big issue - though the bedrooms need more privacy. That is why I am leaning towards cordless cellular light filtering shades.

What color would you pick?

What type of window treatment would you pick?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Bonus points if you have any good ideas on what to put above that teal storage piece in the last picture:-)

Comments (5)