SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gouri13

Votes/ Advice on island color and backsplash color

gouri13
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Looking for advice on picking the right island cabinet color. We are modifying the existing kitchen of the house we are moving into. We tried SW Indigo (see pic) on the island and went so wrong. It turned out to look like a royal blue/ purplish tone blue as you can see.

We are not changing the existing white cabinets and are going to add a butcher block dining extension to the quartz (Carrara Quartz) countertop on the island.

Here are the three shades I am now considering for the island: SW Gale Force (seems to have more grey tones) and SW Naval (navy blue undertone). Screenshots attached.

I started out with thinking of crisp white textured backsplash tiles with a blue island. Now I am scared of making the wrong choice. So please help with your thoughts and advice!!!

My questions are:

1. Would Gale Force work better if I were to play with the colors around the island like choose a light sea green color backsplash? (I love to infuse light aquas, burnt orange,

2. Does choosing a navy blue island color restrict you to a crisp white tile backsplash? Does nothing else go in terms of complementary colors for a backsplash that goes with a navy blue island and white cabinets?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!! I am so thankful for the great advice I have seen on Houzz and I am hoping I can find some answers this time as well.

Comments (9)