SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmcrosson

Looking for fresh eyes on my builder grade bathroom.

megan c
2 years ago

Hi all!
Here, we have my main bathroom. As you can see, it's a standard builder grade setup and, unfortunately. I'm not in the market for an overhaul. Overall, with the white cabinet and warm taupe walls**, the room gives me very pastel, feminine vibes (it's amplified becuase I took the photo at night, but trust, it's not much better during the day). I'd like the aesthetic to be cooler, greyer, and a touch more masculine, but I'm lacking vision and how to make it happen with my limited options (read: I'm on a budget and anything I do will be DIY.).
Those limited options are:
• The vanity and faucet.
• Mirror and lighting.
• Wall paint (or tiling). As stated above, the current color palette feels too warm and pastel for my liking. Maybe there's a way to offset that without repainting? I'm open to re-painting but I feel obliged to mention there is only 1 source of light in the room, which the window pictured. I think as a result the paint colors I pick always end up looking dingier or yellower than they did in the store (yes, I'm guilty of painting without testing first)
• Wall art.
• Rugs and linens, including shower curtain.
NOT in the budget is any sort of layout change, other structural change, or flooring change. Also not in the budget is my standard fiberglass tub/shower, for which I did not include photos.
** Wall behind the vanity is SW Requisite Gray and the rest of the room is SW City Loft.

Comments (9)