SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lanzz

Granite color to avoid the 'builder grade' look...

9 years ago

I just closed on a condo in Charlotte - very nice, brick building with lots of detail. The kitchen is 12 years old - in good condition, except for the ugliest Corian I have ever seen and non descript oak cabinets. Floor is also oak.

The painting work is done - I selected Benjamin Moore dry sage as the paint color for the living / dining and kitchen.

So - I do not want to replace the cabinets, and the appliances are SS, but I will replace them slowly as I get time and $$.

For now - I need suggestions on a granite color - to work with oak cabinets and a sage green wall. Also, I was thinking tile backsplash - as there is no backsplash today.

I posted a picture which shows the countertops and a peek at the cabinets - that near part of the picture does not show the accurate wall color due to flash, so it's better to look farther into the room to see the actual sage color.

The countertops are visibile from the living / dining, which is why this is a hard choice for me - suggestions on granite color and backsplash?

Comments (24)