SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindee_miao

Kitchen window and outlet dilemma

2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I’m starting a kitchen renovation and am stumped in the design.

the kitchen currently has huge 12’ long garden window (not sure if that’s what it’s called) all the way down to the counter top without any outlets in that area. it looks great, let’s in a lot of light (maybe too much! - it’s west facing) but not sure how it’ll function with needed appliances. This is basically the only area that can house small Appliances. Here are my options.

1. Remove the window and swap it out with another garden window is a bit shorter to give me room for outlets between the counter and the window. I’ll be replacing all the window throughout the house at one point, so it won’t be an added cost). But this also means I have to replace the exterior retractable awning that’s falling apart right now.

2. Remove the garden window and swap it out with a regular window or couple of regular windows. Again, giving me outlet space between the counter and window. with this option, I’m worried about the cost of redoing parts of the roof and exterior wall that have glass currently due to the garden window.

3. Just go as is and install a pop up outlet And call it a day! Cheapest option of the three but since I’m planning on replacing all the windows in the future anyway, it’s just less money out of pocket NOW And not a real saving.

any thoughts?

Comments (2)