SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_seib81

Kitchen window/layout ideas please

Milli
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We are finalizing plans and I'm stumped with kitchen layout as to where dishwasher should go and the impact it has on the window. As you can see we have an 8' long window(3 parts) on the 11'6" wall. If I keep the window this large and want to center my sink, then dishwasher would be left of sink which may not be good for unloading etc. as most cabinet drawers are in island and on other wall- or is this not a big issue? If I want the dishwasher to right of sink, the sink can not be centered in existing window. I could have a 7' window with a 2/3 -1/3 window, centering sink in the large 2/3 non opening window and have a smaller 1/3 opening window above dishwasher area. I can't seem to find pics of what that would look like but I've been told it looks good. A 7' window would allow narrow upper cabinet at end, or perhaps open shelves? Dishwasher could go in island but unless sink is in island, don't think that's a good idea.

Second pic design plan --Microwave could be in island or on counter. Island will have 2 seats on each side (total 4 not 5 as in pic) allowing for either a wine fridge to face living/dining area or glass cabinet? Also not sure I will put in a prep sink.

Any feedback/advice/ideas appreciated - pros, cons of d/w, microwave placement, window size etc. Thank you!!

Comments (5)