SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathyg_in_mi

Update....Prayers for my Brian

kathyg_in_mi
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Not a baby really, but my youngest. he's 40. In March he had a kidney stone. They went on vacation for a week to the Outer Banks, then when they got home his doctors set him up for a bunch of tests. Turns out he has a tumor on his kidney, they needed to take out the kidney, but first that darn stone was stuck in the urethra so that was taken out last week. Today he had the surgery to remove the left kidney. 20% chance NOT cancer, but the tumor is so large that they needed to remove the right kidney. So today he had to be at the hospital at 9:30am. He did not get out of surgery until 5pm. I talked to his wife, Stacy (she is a nurse practioner) and she said his biggest problem is going to be pain. The Dr.'s couldn't do laproscopic because at age 15 he had emergency surgery for Meckel's Diverticulitis and that surgery they had to do a large cut and there was just too much scar tissue, so another big cut. His stomach is going to be one big road map! Anyways all day I've been praying for 20%. Sorry so long, but did not want to post earlier, I've been a mess all day.

BTW, when the kids were small people would ask why we had 4 kids. We would always say so we could have spares! Well, Brian told me the other day he's not worried, he has siblings with spare kidneys if he needs one!

Oh well, taking a sleeping pill to try and get some sleep tonight.

Talked to Brian today and he is up and walking. Can eat whatever he wants, but just ordered mashed potatoes for dinner tonight!

They did find 2 spots on his liver. I think one is an AVM, which he may have had since birth, but the other they will be taking a closer look at, MRI.

Talked to my DDIL, Stacy, we had a good talk and cried together. She said that Brian is her best friend, which I knew and he loves her to pieces.

I tried to update this earlier today, but it didn't take, I may have to start another thread.

Thanks again to everyone for their thoughts, prayers and support. Kathy G

Comments (74)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County