SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joanspringer81

Bad seam on quartzite countertops. Now what?

JDS
2 years ago

Hi, we are doing a major remodel of a home we bought as our retirement home. I’ve overthought and second guessed myself every step of the way this time.

After many trips to stone yards in our area, I chose Taj Mahal quartzite from a well known and reputable dealer. I picked two “bookmarked” slabs and was sent an email from the fabricator for three options for our template. I picked option 1.

The afternoon before it was to be installed, the shop called and pushed back my install date3 days. My husband was there when the installer arrived, agreed that we ordered Taj Mahal. As I was babysitting my grandson, I arrived when the technicians were working on the seam.

I freaked out as it didn’t look anything like the option I ordered. The technicians said that’s what they had, I showed them pictures of what it was supposed to be and they said that’s what I got.

I disagreed, called the shop multiple times. Each time I’m told that they will call me back shortly. They sent someone to look at it after a week. He was very rude, threw his arms up and said it’s down and he can’t do anything about it. He put a “color enhancer on it, which did nothing.

Am I over reacting? All I can see when I look at the counter is the jarring seam, dark on the left side and light on the right.

Since it’s now 8 days after emailing pictures to the shop, me making multiple calls with no resolution, I have disputed the charges with my credit card company. Anyone else have similar experience? Suggestions?

Comments (12)