SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
socks12345

Today is Cher's Birthday

socks
2 years ago

Always enjoyed her show so long ago with Sonny, and their child so adorable would come out at the end. She has been involved in an elephant rescue recently. I like her.

Comments (28)

• lily316
    2 years ago

I like her too and remember the Sonny and Cher show with their little daughter.

• nicole___
    2 years ago

I remember the Italian bagel boy she "took on". He was in one of her videos I still have recorded. She has GREAT taste....in everything.....decorating too. ♥

socks thanked nicole___
  • Bookwoman
    2 years ago

She also has some really good acting chops, notably in both Silkwood and Moonstruck.

socks thanked Bookwoman
  • patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

My ex's cousin was her nanny for a while. She said Cher was really nice and a very good mother.

socks thanked patriciae_gw
  • Lars
    2 years ago

I liked Cher in Come Back to the Five & Dime, Jimmy Dean. That movie reminds me of where my maternal grandparents lived in west Texas.

socks thanked Lars
  • aok27502
    2 years ago

I like Cher in any format.

socks thanked aok27502
  • stacey_mb
    2 years ago

Lars, I loved that movie! I would really enjoy seeing it again and enjoyed how the action switched from the past to the present.

socks thanked stacey_mb
  • Ont_Gal
    2 years ago

how old is she?

socks thanked Ont_Gal
  • morz8 - Washington Coast
    2 years ago

Ont_Gal.....she's 75. And still has the voice.

socks thanked morz8 - Washington Coast
  • roxanna7
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Back in the 60s, I saw Sonny & Cher at a small amusement park in New England BEFORE THEY BECAME FAMOUS!! Hippy clothes, and OH, that hair and that voice! It was before she had her early cosmetic surgery. I love her, but have always been saddened that she carried the surgeries just a tad too far (IMHO).

socks thanked roxanna7
  • ritamay91710
    2 years ago

Love Cher. It's my hubby's birthday today too!

• socks
    Original Author
    2 years ago

AWWW, happy birthday Mr. Ritamay!

It's also World Bee Day.

• Jasdip
    2 years ago

I love, love Cher. It was always a rock and roll 'feud' who was better, she or Tina Turner. Hubby and my step-father and brother saw Tina a number of years ago, I think she was 70 and she could dance as good if not better than her back-up dancers. One of the best concerts he'd ever seen.

socks thanked Jasdip
  • petalique
    2 years ago

Happy Birthday, Babe 🎶

socks thanked petalique
  • bengardening
    2 years ago

I liked her in MASK

socks thanked bengardening
  • yeonassky
    2 years ago

I like her plus our birthdays are the same. :)

I think she is a very innovative singer as well. Do you believe in love after love was with a sound smoothing machine and it was one of the first. Now many people use the device. :-). Another woman star I admire.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/day6/episode-413-canada-s-forests-at-risk-the-politics-of-rage-canada-s-spookiest-places-eden-robinson-and-more-1.4878598/do-you-believe-in-life-after-auto-tune-the-song-that-reignited-cher-s-career-and-changed-pop-music-1.4878617

socks thanked yeonassky
  • sephia_wa
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I saw her in concert about five years ago - she'd just turned 70. She came out on stage and sang a few songs, then came out wearing a really skimpy, sexy black leather outfit. She said to the audience

"What's your grandma doing tonight?"

socks thanked sephia_wa
  • liira55
    2 years ago

I saw Cher in concert on May 28th 2019. She opened with telling a story about the week she turned 40. So funny, then she ended the story by saying, “what’s your granny up to today”. I was amazed about how fast her costume changes were, she must have quite the team backstage dressing her that quickly. She also sang I Got You Babe, with Sonny on a big screen singing his part. All in all a great concert.

socks thanked liira55
  • bragu_DSM 5
    2 years ago

was my mom's birthday too ... she would have been 84

socks thanked bragu_DSM 5
  • lily316
    2 years ago

I love Cher but really liked her looks before she changed them.

socks thanked lily316
  • arcy_gw
    2 years ago

I was not aware, her bday and my youngest's are the same. We saw her in concert in the '90's. I have loved her voice since Jr. High and had a few of her albums back in the day. She's an individual for sure. What a life story she has. There's a movie coming out of her life I guess. I am not so sure anyone will be able to do her justice. For all her talent and good fortune the heart break she has lived balances it out in a way I am not so sure I would have survived.

socks thanked arcy_gw
  • Uptown Gal
    2 years ago

I saw her in the 90's too...amazing how fast she changed and came right out

performing. Cyndi Lauper opened for her that time. It was at the University,

and was a sold-out crowd and then some..students wanting to buy our tickets.

They had pretty heavy Campus Police coverage because of that.

socks thanked Uptown Gal
  • chisue
    2 years ago

Great gags. Real life has sometimes reminded me of Sonny and Cher bouncing off one another while wearing those inflated fatsuits. Remember the endless stairway that extended as they walked down it, singing?

socks thanked chisue
  • Lars
    2 years ago

Chad Michaels does a good impersonation of Cher, and I could see him in a movie about Cher's life, although I'm not sure how Cher would feel about it. Chad has had plastic surgery to make his face look even more like Cher's, to help his Las Vegas act.

Around 1982, I went to The Trockadero in San Francisco so see an Ann Miller look-alike contest, judged by Ann Miller herself! She automatically ruled out all contestants with mustaches, even though one of them was the best dancer, and she picked the prettiest one as the winner.

socks thanked Lars
  • arcy_gw
    2 years ago

As I wrote my response I wondered who has more impersonators in Vegas Cher or Elvis? I care more about her voice--not sure I want to listen to anyone but her on the sound track.

socks thanked arcy_gw
  • socks
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I remembered Cher as being taller than Sonny, but when I watched some videos they look about the same. She has such a wonderful voice. Some singers now sound to me like they are screaming.

• graywings123
    2 years ago

She is 4 inches taller than he was, according to google - 5'5" to her 5'9".

socks thanked graywings123
Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio