Floof! Your cleaning MO...
5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (35)
Related Discussions
Bosch SHX45MO5UC Not Cleaning Properly - Frustrated
Comments (27)weedmeister; Good advice! We are planning on taking 3 place settings, including cutlery, just to get a feel for how it loads and also my pet peeve from the Bosch - the cutlery tray. In our Bosch, our heavy cutlery always feels like it will fall out. I was tempted to ask Bosch if they would sell me a tall cutlery tray. I popped into Sears Home today and had a look at some dishwashers, including Bosch (strictly for comparison sake), Samsung, LG, Kitchenaid and Kenmore Elite, which the sales guy said were built by Kitchenaid. Not all models, just the ones they have in that store. I felt the same way about the Bosch, after looking at their new models. Not too keen on the Korean brands as I love my Samsung TV and washer/dryer, but I don't hear great things about LG or Samsung dishwashers. I really liked the feel of the Kitchenaid, but the sales guy told me that I would get better bang for my buck with Kenmore Elite. He said that they had a model that was $2k last year and is now at a lowered price, with a sale on it, which drops it to $1399. Everything is equivalent to the top Kitchenaid, except no third rack for an upper cutlery rack. I don't know whether to believe him or not, but it seems to be the same as the Kitchenaid KUDE 40, which should be that price...... I guess I will have to get my wife to see how she likes the loading : ) That is the most important point! Here is the Kenmore Elite DW that I was mentioning: http://tinyurl.com/7sdsse2 I would also like to know the difference between the Kitchenaid KUDE40FXSP and Kitchenaid KUDE40FXSS They are $100 different in price and I can't figure out the difference according to the Sears 'Compare' chart. My head is starting to hurt ; )...See MoreFloof: My new,odd habit.....and yours????
Comments (51)Glad to read I'm not the only oddball out there! Very interesting to read about all of our various quirks. littlebug, I never, ever leave my car windows down because of the remote chance a wasp might get inside. I could just see me driving over a cliff because a stinging insect was buzzing around in the car. I once stripped down to my undies in a parking lot because I felt something crawling up my leg while driving. It turned out to be a bee that had somehow got under my pants leg - still makes me shudder to think about it!...See MoreFloof: What is your favorite wine?
Comments (51)I love dry red wine, mostly Cabernets. I've been buying this Chateau Fage at my local store which is super dry and only $10a bottle. Bogle cabernet and merlot are decent for about the same price. California wines may be good but tend to be more expensive. Stag's Leap is a favorite of ours but we save it for special occasions. Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand is good for a change. I use it a lot for piccata and scampi type dishes and finish the bottle just for fun....See MorePie floof! what's your favorite
Comments (101)"I have lived in the San Franciso Bay area by the way." I said nothing disparaging about the South other than to say fried food is much more common than in other parts of the country. And that parts of Missouri I've been to (yes, the southern part) seemed much more "Southern" than not. That was in response to littlebug's photo showing that cafe's every special that day, dessert included, was fried. I'm sure living in different places had many positive aspects for you. Are you the person who mentioned some time ago having spent time living in Davis? With the exception of UCD that gives it some of a college town vibe that could be anywhere, I think Davis is much more accurately described as a Sacramento Valley location than a Bay Area one. Don't you?...See More
Related Stories

HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: When MoMA is Your Next Door Neighbor
Modern Icons and Family Furniture Inspire Eclectic Manhattan Apartment Design
Full Story
MOST POPULARA Fine Mess: How to Have a Clean-Enough Home Over Summer Break
Don't have an 'I'd rather be cleaning' bumper sticker? To keep your home bearably tidy when the kids are around more, try these strategies
Full Story
FALL GARDENING7 Reasons Not to Clean Up Your Fall Garden
Before you pluck and rake, consider wildlife, the health of your plants and your own right to relax
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGHow to Clean Your Range and Oven
Experts serve up advice on caring for these kitchen appliances, which work extra hard during the holidays
Full Story
LIFE7 Things to Do Before You Move Into a New House
Get life in a new house off to a great start with fresh paint and switch plates, new locks, a deep cleaning — and something on those windows
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Boutique Hotel Ambience in a Manhattan Bachelor Pad
Chanel, MoMa and nature all had a hand in influencing this city apartment's design, but the killer skyline views needed no help at all
Full Story
MIDCENTURY STYLEModern Icons: The Paulistano Chair
This classic '50s sling seat is surging in popularity and has been snapped up by MoMa. See why
Full Story
SELLING YOUR HOUSEA Moving Diary: Lessons From Selling My Home
After 79 days of home cleaning, staging and — at last — selling, a mom comes away with a top must-do for her next abode
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGAnother Independence Day: When Kids Can Do Their Laundry
Set yourself free and give your child a valuable life skill at the same time
Full Story

bragu_DSM 5