SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grimstead

Help! What color to paint office desk and cabinets

grimstead
2 years ago

We are having a custom desk and cabinets installed in our home office. I am having a hard time deciding what color to have them painted. We have four dark stained ceiling beams that I want to remain a focal point in the room, so my thought was to do the cabinets painted vs. stained so they didn't compete. (I know they look painted in the photo but they are stained.)

Our walls are Behr Varnished Ivory and the trim (windows and doors throughout the house) are SW Black Fox.

I was thinking about doing the cabinets in either SW Porpoise or SW Anonymous which are both lighter shades of Urban Bronze which is nearly identical to our trim. Anonymous looks too light to me after I painted a sample board with it, but I'm afraid Porpoise might be too dark. I'm stuck!

Also, I plan to do a quartz top instead of wood as I think the quartz will hold up better to scratches. I liked Silestone Altair as I thought it would blend with the cabinet rather than a contrasting light color that might look too much like a kitchen.

Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated!

Comments (4)