SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juniperg92

remodeling lack of progress - is this normal?

juniperg92
3 years ago

I accepted an estimate from a contractor months ago. I paid half down immediately so I could get on his schedule. Since then I have to deal with his assistant who seems to be very disorganized. I ask her specific questions about things and get vague answers that are not answers at all. Every week she says "next week." The next week comes still nothing happens. For example, I picked out cabinets weeks ago. Every week they will be ordered "next week." When I ask why something hasn't been scheduled she gives a vague an answer that is not an answer such as, "Everything is moving along nicely." I was promised a more detailed written estimate of costs "next week" three times in the past month. It's even worse on the phone with her than via email. She can go on and on about nothing. A complete waste of time and no written record. I built a house 10 years ago, and do not remember it being as difficult as this basement remodel. The original promise was the job would be done June 15th. I will be lucky if it starts by June 15th.

Comments (3)