SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_112783053

Soaking/freestanding tub options?

Evelyn C
3 years ago

I am doing a whole home remodel, but need to find places where I can save some money. I really want to incorporate a freestanding tub to make the small space feel GRAND since its the first thing you see when you walk in the door. But we are on a tight budget. Especially since I don't foresee daily use of it, and the kids will have a small whirlpool style tub we could always use, I don't want this project to be a money pit.

I only have a 5'11" wall to install the tub and plan to use a chandelier above, also i should mention we like a more farmhouse/industrial style décor. I am also very big on things being functional.

Which style is best for the layout i will have. I feel like freestanding or pedestal. However i dont know if a slipper or double slipper is better (for any reason). Any recommendations on tubs with good value? Good features at a good price point :-)

What is the best/cheapest way to do plumbing. In wall, freestanding, or built onto the edge of the tub? What are the pros/cons of each, what would you have done differently.

Thank you all in advance for your suggestions and opinions!

Comments (16)