SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole___

Have you found any bargains? or deals?

nicole___
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

JoAnns Fabrics has a sale right now on bed sheets. Queen, 400tc, 100% cotton, in a solid champagne color they're calling grey, minus 25% off coupon May25 = $22.48! (regular : $99.99) I haven't washed them yet. ♥ (Curbside pickup is available or ship-to-your-home.)

Have you found any bargains or deals?

Comments (48)

• pudgeder
    2 years ago

I was at WM over the weekend. For the last year, I've been trying to find 409 cleaning spray and they've always, ALWAYS been out.

Friday I popped in quickly to get something else, happened down the cleaning aisle and they had it. Then I looked at the price, expecting it to be outrageously priced, (like all the other disinfectant cleaning supplies have been) and it was 79 CENTS!!!

I bought all 3 bottles they had!!

That's my bargain!!!

nicole___ thanked pudgeder
  • Related Discussions

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately?

Q

Comments (145)
    I meant to share this earlier- it's just a super handy dandy thingy that I found at the Dollar Tree ( so it is now $1.25) I keep my charging cables in here and can always find them easily. I keep it in my purse on a daily basis and when we traveled it was just so handy. All patterns and a few different shapes. Mine is about 2 1/2 or 3 inches square. and open- (it also has a net pocket inside. Gotta love it.
    ...See More

Have you found any bargains or deals? November edition.

Q

Comments (52)
    I succumbed to another Black Friday special last night: an air fryer/toaster oven, made by Toshiba, for $60. It is on only a few other sites, like Walmart, which had it for $250-$300. I'd kept going back to the ad for a week, and did spend a few days looking around at other models/brands/sites, trying to convince myself that I didn't need to rush to buy this deal - especially since I didn't really need it (my current convection countertop oven is still working okay, although it sometimes seems to not be baking as quickly as it used to) - however, found nothing with all the features/size at anywhere near the price.
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals? January edition

Q

Comments (54)
    I bought these sweatpants and matching sweatshirt (in pink) for DD last fall, and put them away for Christmas. Totally random gift and they were on a big sale so super inexpensive. She loved them. And she is super picky about her ”athletic wear.” More recently, I bought myself a pair and I also love them and have been wearing them a lot over the past two weeks (covid in da house). I see they are on sale again so roughly $20.
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals? March edition.

Q

Comments (2)
    picked up 30 lbs of sirloin tip for $2.99 a pound if this is a deal. Seasoned with a rub and vacuum packed them to freeze in 3 to 4lb chunks. Now I can sous vide a roast from the freezer or thaw and grind for lean burger. But this doesn't compare to your 99 cent ratchet screw driver. Great find, and I do like those boots.
    ...See More
  • lucillle
    2 years ago

A free Poang!! Awesome!

(Nicole where is the like button to like those cotton sheets!)

nicole___ thanked lucillle
  • ritamay91710
    2 years ago

Lucille, yes! I had been looking for a small chair for the corner of my office. This is perfect, AND its comfy!

• dees_1
    2 years ago

I went to GW with my niece last weekend and she found me a pair of Salvador Ferragamo quilted suede oxfords for $6. They might have been worn once.

nicole___ thanked dees_1
  • dees_1
    2 years ago

On and I got an Adrianna Papel lace gown for $6 and a Scott McClintock gown for $6. :-)

nicole___ thanked dees_1
  • lisa_fla
    2 years ago

Target had a coupon for $15 off a $50 pick up order I ordered groceries. They have a quick drive -thru lane. Much quicker than McDonald’s LOL

nicole___ thanked lisa_fla
  • marilyn_c
    2 years ago

I bought this waterlily shaped candle holder at Salvation Army thrift for 30 cents.

I bought a pair of Ariat boots for 50 cents at a yard sale. I thought the price had to be wrong....but the woman said that was the price....she was tired of them laying around. I didn't know if they would fit me, but figured I'd give them to someone. They do fit me... I'll take a pic tomorrow. They are in the office in the barn.

I also got this big cushion for $5 at another yard sale. It has rough out leather on the back.

nicole___ thanked marilyn_c
  • Kathsgrdn
    2 years ago

No, but am looking for one on a laptop. Need to replace my 11 year old one. The CD player broke a long time ago, not that I need that anymore...but the battery is also dead on it and has been for months. I've looked everywhere for a replacement battery and the computer is just too old. Not even ebay has one.

The last few days I haven't been able to get on Netflix and after talking to the person there who tried to help me for a half hour or so, I have just decided to buy a new computer. So, anyone who knows of a bargain out there, please let me know.

nicole___ thanked Kathsgrdn
  • ritamay91710
    2 years ago

Marilyn, I can't comment on the boots, I've never heard of that brand, but for 50 cents you can't go wrong! Love the pillow, and the candle holder is so pretty.

• marilyn_c
    2 years ago

They are called Fat Baby boots, Rita. They are western boots. Mine have green tops and fake ostrich design in the leather. Will take a pic tomorrow. For 50 cents....not bad and very comfortable.

• salonva
    2 years ago

Super good deal on the poang chair!

I too am not able to EVER "like" the initial post in a thread, and today, it takes numerous attempts to get the like to show for any others.

nicole___ thanked salonva
  • Rose Pekelnicky
    2 years ago

No bargains to report. Nicole, I have never seen sheets at Joanns.

nicole___ thanked Rose Pekelnicky
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Rose.....They have them "here" every year, I just never needed new ones. You can order them online and have them shipped to you. They would make a GREAT Christmas gift, Birthday gift, wedding gift...maybe new house purchase gift? I usually keep a few things around for just such an occasion. Here's a link: The "extra" 25% off coupon or 20% coupon comes and goes...

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    2 years ago

Nicole - I just ordered a set. Thank you!!

ETA - I saw your review :^ )

nicole___ thanked seagrass_gw Cape Cod
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    2 years ago

seagrass.....☺ They're pretty nice! You'll have to report back after you've washed them. lol Was the extra % off coupon still good? I stored my set in my "gift' cabinet. The way they're packaged is a nice "presentation" for a gift. ♥

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    2 years ago

Kathsgarden, check out Microcenter. Looks like the closest physical store to you is Cincinnati area (the stores will have great deals on open box and closeouts) but they also ship - choose "shippable items" under choose store.

I have bought at least 3 computers, there, going back to the 1990s - and my last 2 laptops were open box - I've found their customer service to be very good (haven't had to use it recently)

• Kathsgrdn
    2 years ago

Thanks Raee, will check them out!

• chisue
    2 years ago

I sent DH to our local CVS to sweep the shelves of the boxes of our favorite kindsof Post Great Grains cereals @ $5 for two. These are close to $5 each at our grocery. I wonder how long 20 boxes will last us...

Is anyone stocking up on paper products? They're supposed to take a big jump up in June.

nicole___ thanked chisue
  • seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    2 years ago

Nicole - I was only able to get a few dollars off shipping, but am still happy with the price. The color is perfect for our bedroom, and 100% cotton is my thing!!

nicole___ thanked seagrass_gw Cape Cod
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    2 years ago

chisue..... That's a good tip! Buy any paper products...now!

Your ALL getting some A M A Z I N G deals!

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

I miss thrift shopping. Still not too safe here in FL, tho.

Got a great deal on FDA authorized K95 masks from this company:

https://bonafidemasks.com/

I've already bought from them a few times, and their prices have dropped. Free shipping too. We'll be using masks for some time here where I live, and these are good ones.

nicole___ thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • chisue
    2 years ago

CarolB -- Could you please tell me which type mask you prefer? I want to order some for DH and me.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

I've been buying the K95s in black.

• nicole___
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Safeway grocery store, gives 25 FREE K95 masks with every purchase of $25. The coupon can be loaded on your Safeway card. You can get the free masks every week when you load it on your card. Safeway.com Yes, they have black. ♥

• chisue
    2 years ago

Thanks, Carol.

Too bad there are no Safeways in the Chicago area.

nicole___ thanked chisue
  • ritamay91710
    2 years ago

Marilyn, those boots are super cute.

nicole___ thanked ritamay91710
  • lucillle
    2 years ago

Amazon Warehouse was selling extra dark chocolate Lindor truffles (not past date or anything) , I got 2 sets of 2. When they arrived the 4th box was missing so they gave me a full refund for the 2 box set. I ended up with 180 truffles for $19.

They are sooooo good.

nicole___ thanked lucillle
  • ritamay91710
    2 years ago

Lucille, now that's a score! Lol.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    2 years ago

I just found n95 Niosh certified masks at Menard's: 20 for $50. Once I factor in the 11% store rebate and the 5% rebate from my CC, the price is $42 for the box - about $2.22 per mask.

I don't mind the store rebate deal because I get all kinds of house and garden maintenance items regularly there; the CC rebate just becomes a credit on my bill.

nicole___ thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
  • Kathsgrdn
    2 years ago

I let my son pick out a computer for me. I showed him one I found on the site Raee pointed me towards. He thought it was overpriced. I don't know anything about them so I just asked his opinion. He picked a fairly cheap Lenovo one on their website and I bought it. Got a discount and another small one for being a nurse. Would've gotten another $100 or maybe just the $100 if I had waited to get their email back but it never seemed to come and my laptop is on it's last leg, so I bought it. As soon as I did the email popped into my inbox. I still got over $70 off so I guess I'm happy. It's already here too, waiting at home for me.

nicole___ thanked Kathsgrdn
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    2 years ago

My husband insisted I buy THIS! ♥ ♥ ♥ lol It's old, hand knotted, wool, 3'.5 X 10'.5 runner. It's for a high traffic area.

• ritamay91710
    2 years ago

Nicole, I love the colors!

nicole___ thanked ritamay91710
  • aok27502
    2 years ago

I volunteer at the Habitat for Humanity Restore. This week I picked up a pair of classic Wrangler jeans for my FIL. They still have all of the tags. They were $2.00.

nicole___ thanked aok27502
  • chisue
    2 years ago

Nicole -- Nice rug. Lines are nice and straight. Tightly knotted?

nicole___ thanked chisue
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    2 years ago

chisue......it's ok. I was limited as to what I could get by the size I needed "and" my grandmothers Joshigan is in the same room. They had to be compatible. ☺ I have a silk & wool Nain, 5' x 8' that's got an incredible knot count, baby blue & cream.. ♥ Two years ago I paid $50 for it!

• pudgeder
    2 years ago

I stopped at a church rummage sale and picked up a McCoy vase for $2.00.

They go for $40-50 around here.

Love those kinds of sales....

This is a photo of one just like it.

nicole___ thanked pudgeder
  • satine100
    2 years ago

Pudgeder, you were lucky to find that. I have lots of mc coy and hull but they go for next to nothing where I live. I have had the hull for over 60 years and it looks like it will go to goodwill when I leave this earth.

nicole___ thanked satine100
  • Alisande
    2 years ago

I bought a couple of pairs of Skechers on eBay--Summits Quick Getaway Sneakers and BOBS Espadrille Wedge Shoes. $25 for one and $23 for the other. Free shipping.

nicole___ thanked Alisande
  • marilyn_c
    2 years ago

I have that same pair of Skechers in the top pic. Bought on ebay also. Very comfortable.

• summersrhythm_z6a
    2 years ago

Here are my $3 (each) pruners from Home Depot. They took a long while to get here.

nicole___ thanked summersrhythm_z6a
  • liira55
    2 years ago

Found a brand new cuisinart toaster that have the settings, bagel, reheat, defrost and cancel for $20. I looked it up in Amazon and it goes for $88.

nicole___ thanked liira55
  • carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

That's a lot of pruners! Are they all for you, summersrhythm?

• summersrhythm_z6a
    2 years ago

I should have mentioned it earlier. I am not a shopaholic. Lol We have 2 small orchards at two different country places. Both places also have a lot of grape vines. At our primary property there are hundreds of grape vines that have been left untouched for many years by the previous owners. This is our 1st season here, I hope to have some helpers if we do get a lot of grapes in the fall. So I bought a lot pruners on sale for just in case. :-)

nicole___ thanked summersrhythm_z6a
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    2 years ago

summersrhythm....I'm jealous! I wish I had that many friends to host a gardening party! ♥

• nicole___
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Muslin embroidered "Nina Campbell" lumbar pillow w/ feather insert. $5.99

I "am" shopping a lot.....my excuse is I have a whole house to furnish! ♥

• abbisgram
    2 years ago

Bought a new shower surround on FB Marketplace. It's still in the box, hopefully to be installed soon. This one. I paid $650. I'm stoked it has grab bars installed. I don't care for the seat and will likely find something else. Also looking for flooring and will give my current vanity a make-over, I think.

nicole___ thanked abbisgram
  • chisue
    2 years ago

When I try some new-to-us product and we love it, I can bet it will be discontinued in a month. I 'discovered' Ghiardelli Milk Chocolate Fudge Caramel Bars when they were 'on sale' at our local grocery. We bought them regularly until...yup, discontinued! No local stores had them. Amazon had them at ridiculous prices. I thought Ghiardelli had stopped making them. But no! One day I discovered that Ghiardelli had stock and would ship free for a sizeable order. We now have 24 3.5 oz bars @ $2.90/bar -- cheaper than the first 'on sale' bars. I'm also the owner of two chemical cold packs that came with the shipment -- and have already used one on a bruise.

So...not a HUGE bargain. but definitely *sweet*.

nicole___ thanked chisue