SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
babambrie

Setting up piano studio--table lamps, area rug, etc

babambrie
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We recently moved into a new home, and as a piano teacher, I am in the process of re-setting up the room in which I teach. It is in progress. Within a month, there will be French doors at both entrances (solid on one side for privacy, typical glass on the main entry side), and roman shades on the windows (I included the sample for color). The shelving the plant is on is temporary and not part of the decor, and there is more wall decor I haven't put up yet.

I have a few questions. First, I need lighting (that floor lamp is temporary). I want table lamps, but I don't think I want them matching. But I'm nervous about mixing and matching them, and I'm on a tight budget (scouring yard sales and other places for something that I love). What are the rules for mixing and matching table lamps? Or should I go ahead and get a pair that are the same? I think I'll eventually want a floor lamp near the window, as well.

Second, this room is bigger than my old studio, and one rug doesn't seem enough. I'm thinking of getting another rug around the piano to define that space a little better (and eventually I will add a few chairs around the original rug). So I'd have a seating/waiting area for parents, and the teaching area. I was thinking a circular rug in some shade of blue? Would it look weird for that to be under the piano and bench? What size would look best?

Thanks for your help!

Comments (2)