SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parkercountrygirl

Paint Scheme for Busy Open Concept Kitchen/Family Room

3 years ago

Hello all!
We moved into our house two years ago and I have been racking my brain with what to do in this area...color wise.

This house was built in 2005 and since has had several owners adding several upgrades...to the point they are clashing. Look at the crazy stone fireplace, the shutters, tile floors, barnwood floors, back splash, orange maple cabinets, and granite countertops.

Down the road I’d like to reface the fireplace, finish the barnwood throughout, most of the rest of our house I’ve chosen neutral walls and the flooring is majority the same barnwood. I want to maintain that flow. We are in Colorado and love rustic/neutral.

But it just gets so crazy back in this space. I’d love to pull the SW alabaster I have in our large foyer and bring it back here...any thoughts on that? Would it be too warm? I was also leaning towards accessible beige or SW Wordly Gray, any thoughts? This is just a start.

The room typically gets better light, in the photos there was a rain storm going on and I also had some shutters closed. It is a west facing room and is bright. Also please excuse the mess and the awful curtains that are up, lol.

Comments (4)