SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
always1stepbehind

Mattress woes pt. 2 update on Novaform from Costco

How did anyone else do with their Novaform? On my original post, a couple other posters were getting the Novaform.

Strike 1. I really wanted to like this mattress.

I slept on it 4 and 1/2 nights. I knew there'd be some getting used to but by Friday night, I just couldn't do it anymore. I had gone to bed and tried to get comfortable and thought "now way".. I got up, pulled the mattress off and put back my other mattress. It was SUCH a relief to lie back down on my mattress. It was soft, had some give. Felt good. Minus the pit. I would be completely happy with my mattress if it wasn't for the sagging.

This particular Novaform mattress is rated as Medium softness, I think I need to stay with Plush.

There wasn't enough cush for me. I knew it would feel different, there wasn't any spring to the mattress but I figured I'd get used to that. But by the 5th night, even on my back, it felt too hard for me. And it was hot. The first couple nights I was hot. I took off the bedspread and it felt comfortable temp wise and I thought I was ok with the mattress at that point, but I just couldn't deal with the comfort of it.

I was going to just keep it for my son, but he already sleeps hot. Wakes up sweating. I don't think this will work for him. I will be returning to Costco.

So...my dilemma is how do I get a soft mattress that wont sag?? I remember someone commenting on another mattress thread, they use an affordable firm mattress with a foam topper.

Comments (8)