SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whirlwindgirl

Help with dd's room

Dd's bed broke (movers assembled with dry wall screws instead of the hardware it came with!) no injuries. But now I need to find her a new bed. And we are going to switch her to a double bed, which means a new dresser to, due to space constraints.

Dd is six. I will give her input on bedding, but not so much on the furniture because her taste changes every five minutes and this needs to be her furniture for several years.

Our style is a bit eclectic (or maybe jumbled). I do like antiques, and tend to clean lined traditional things. I think the simpler the better on these pieces so she can remake the room as her tastes change. She does have two white IKEA billy bookcases that will be staying.

I will definitely check craigslist and local thrift stores but since dd is sleeping on a mattress in the floor, I am not willing to stalk for long.

Suggestions for decent quality bed and/or dresser for not too much money? I'd like to stay under a thousand including mattress, box springs if needed and bedding. Less is better. Nearest IKEA is six hours away so it would be a last resort.

Thanks for any leads.

Comments (32)