SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisywalter988123

Low e 272 Upstairs Windows With Clear Glass on Bottom Windows?

Jan
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We are having new windows installed on the front top floor of our house (two bedrooms) as they are older, aluminum double-paned and have failed (insides are full of rain, etc.). The issue I have is that there are only three windows on the front of the house and we do not plan to replace the huge, giant picture window right now on the bottom floor and probably never will as we will also have to replace the other huge one adjacent to it. We are a little financially strapped due to COVID. But our installer has told us that the white grids in our upstairs windows will look discolored compared to the large one downstairs due to low e 366 glass. We live in Seattle and it doesn't get hot here for very long every year! I'm concerned that the windows will look vastly different. I just found out they offer 272 low e and am wondering if that will make the grids look off-color. My installer is not very helpful at all and I am sorry I already signed the contract! Can anyone tell me if you have 272 low e alongside clear glass and if it is noticeable on the front of the house. I would especially love to hear if the grids with 272 look "off". Thank you!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012