SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_58889218

Standard practice for who takes leftover material?

JAB
3 years ago

This may be an awkward one. We're living through a time where building material costs are through the roof, no pun intended. We're now about eight months into a big project with a small close knit crew. We all get along pretty well - close quarters as we've remained home throughout the work. We had mentioned way back early on wanting to keep scrap lumber, etc. to use for future odds and ends projects around the house. Recently, I've noticed that some of the guys seem to cut up pieces of boards, planks, etc. as they are working, toss them into garbage bags, and then haul them away. I'm also noticing that we were not left with any extra material from the roofers and other subs. Maybe they're treating "leftover" as trash, but I think it's more likely they're taking the extra pieces with them? Super awkward, but I feel like we paid for the materials and they should stay with us. Am I wrong? Is this standard practice in the industry? What on earth do I say? I really like our workers and we're in a tiny community.....

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH