SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maifleur03

Future of travel

maifleur03
3 years ago

The electric car topic and my thoughts last night about future travel has made me wonder at what others think travel in the future may be. Yesterday I was reading that various governments want to change to only having electric vehicles sold by 2035. I will probably be dead by then but supposing I was and magically reversed my aging scenarios were going through my mind. In Europe short flights of between 1-2 hours are being reduced in favor of rail traffic. It has also been noticed that less people were driving to destinations in favor of rail trips. It makes me wonder if travel except to hot spots will be what happens in the future. I like to see how the landscape changes as I drive through it something that because of the need of rails not having much of a grade reduces the visuals from a train. The current range that an electric car can travel would mean that even going to a location would limit what could be seen. I have read in the past where with the advent of things like Google Earth younger people are less likely to want to travel to see things. If you were alive and healthy enough to travel in 20-30 years from now how do you visualize doing it.

Comments (18)