SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bac717gw

I need advice on using a hair dryer in Europe

bac717
9 years ago

Since there seems to be a number of posters here who do a fair amount of traveling abroad, I am hoping to find some advice on using a hair dryer in Europe. A few years ago, we were in Italy. I brought my own hair dryer and used it with a converter and an adapter plug, but it still was not as powerful on high as it is here at home and it didn't sound right either. I tried to use it for as short a time as possible. We are headed back to Europe, specifically Germany, Switzerland and Austria. This time, I am thinking about either 1) buying a hair dryer here that is dual voltage (altho I'm reading a lot on line that that type still doesn't work as well there as here) or 2) buying a hair dryer there that only works there and having it for future travel.

So, after that long explanation, does anyone have an advice for me on using a hair dryer in Europe? I'm hoping to find one that is fairly powerful. I find that many of the dryers provided in hotels are not powerful enough for me, so I generally bring my own dryer with when we travel. Thanks for your help.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths