SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rojala

"Two Oven" Dilemma...

rojala
3 years ago

In the early stages of "pre-construction" for a new build, but am thinking ahead because ultimately this decision will impact the cabinet layout (which I'd like to have close to "right" with the next round of mods)...

The kitchen is designed for, and needs a 36" range (or cooktop). The current (as drawn) plans call for a 36" cooktop and double wall oven. However, I would prefer to do a 36" range so as to have that "wow" factor on the range wall. I had HOPED to be able to find a 36" range with double-ovens - but, the seemingly lone version of this that exists (side-by-side ovens) has complaints that neither oven is "full width" (i.e. can't accommodate a cookie sheet).

So, that being the case, it looks as though the only way to get double-ovens in a range is to do a 30" (with top/bottom) or a 48" (side-by-side double ovens). Problem is, the kitchen is designed for a 36" - a 30" will be too underwhelming and a 48" too overwhelming.

The way I see it, I can do one of a few things:

1. A 36" range with single oven and then do a smaller (24") wall oven.

2. Go as the plan is drawn and do a 36" cooktop and the double wall ovens.

3. Just have the 36" range/single oven and "make it work!"

As it is now, I have one 30" range in my current home. I have 3 (growing) boys; and my husband and I are both on (different) restrictive diets. Because of this, there are nights where 3 different meals are being made (mine, hubs, kids). On nights like that, one of the meals is just coming out at 9:00 pm or later. I already find myself wishing for that second oven on more than just Thanksgiving (the counter-top air fryer/toaster/convection oven we have helps, but isn't always big enough).

So, my questions are - 1) what options am I missing as far as having 2 ovens? I know there are a lot of new technologies in the world of ovens... and I am not up to speed on them! And 2) what is more economical for having the double-ovens - 36" cooktop with double-wall ovens? or a 36" range with a single wall oven? Something else?

Comments (18)