SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jklafehn

Lacanche owners - are two ovens enough or would you recommend three?

lbd518 (7b DE)
5 years ago

I'll preface this with saying that I know the answer to this question ultimately boils down to how my family cooks, what we cook, and for how many we are cooking, but I could use some advice and suggestions, particularly from those who have Lacanche ranges and are familiar with the size of their ovens.

My husband and I are in the design stage of a kitchen renovation. We have selected and put down a deposit on a black Savigny range (eeeek! Can't wait until it gets here in December). Our particular Savigny will have one Sully (larger) electric oven and one vertical convection oven. Across the kitchen is a wet bar/butler's pantry, where we also have an undercounter KitchenAid Superba electric oven. The oven works perfectly fine and has been handy when entertaining (which happens occasionally), but it is on the older side (I believe it was bought in the mid-90s). Our kitchen designer has asked us whether we want to remove this oven and replace it with any number of things (e.g., wine/beverage fridge, more cabinet space) or leave it where it is and design around it? Here's a rendering of our kitchen design with the Superba oven in its current place:

So, for those of you who have Lacanches, particularly those with a Savigny or Salieu, what are your thoughts on keeping or ditching that third oven? My sense is that having three ovens is overkill, but the vertical convection oven is smaller than I'm used to and I wonder if I would be wishing I had it when preparing food for larger gatherings. I'd also be interested to hear what people think the third oven should be replaced with if we were to move it out - are beverage fridges useful or just "another cool toy" (which, let's face it, most things in updated kitchens generally are ;) ).

Thanks in advance!

Comments (19)