SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terri_lewis

Paneling and Trim Same color--What about the Rest of the House?

Terri Lewis
3 years ago

Soooo....I am STILL working on my paneling project. I keep going back and forth on what to do with it, but I am always drawn to the all one color look. I'd love to try that, but my current trim color throughout the house is BM White Dove. I tried taking the WD onto the paneling, but it is just too cool looking in that north facing room. To paint trim and paneling same color I will need to go with something a little warmer (Swiss Coffee, Creamy, Shoji?) My question is if I go with something like Creamy in the living room on paneling and trim, would it look terrible to leave the trim in the rest of the house WD? (My kitchen cabinets and waincotting are also painted White Dove.) Do you think it would look like the living room was it's own color and the rest of the house was trimmed out, or would it just look like a miss? This is not an open concept.

I'm also considering either White Sand or Clay Beige for the paneling and leaving the trim as WD. Which do you think would work best? I've spent WAY too much money on paint to miss again. (Sorry that last pic is what I had when I started this project--I couldn't figure out how to delete it)

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio