SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mepham99

pls help -Upper Cabinets and Lower Drawers - is there a size to avoid

Alohairene
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Please, help. We are finalizing plans on our kitchen remodel and wondering what makes more sense for the upper cabinet sizes, as well as drawer sizes. Is there a cabinet size kitchen designers try to achieve? Is there an upper cabinet box size to avoid? And at what cabinet box size is best to have 2 doors?

Lower drawers - is there an organizer drawer that you love, or wish you never had? Do you have a drawer size that is your favorite? I am also wondering if I should have more 24" drawers, or more 30" drawers? Is bigger better?

We have kitchen renderings, pictured below, and wondering which would be more ideal, and if we need to make a change before committing? What do you think?

The measurement of the wall is approximately 187". The hood is 48".

Kitchen 1 - has smaller cabinet doors. Kitchen 1 (pictured below) has 2 - 30" cabinet pantries and 2-30" cabinet uppers on each side of the hood.

Kitchen 2 (pictured below) has 2 - 36" pantries and 2-24" cabinet uppers (1 door) on each side of the hood.

I plan to have all lower drawers and want to make sure the drawers are wide enough to fit pots and pans, but not so big that it becomes unorganized within the drawers.

The drawers on each side of the oven range would be 30" - 36" depending on the pantry sizes.

We have never had lower drawers, and would like to know what your experience has been with lower drawers.

I wonder if there is a drawer size that is most desirable, or functional for the lower drawers?

Thanks for your input!

Comments (27)