SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_barenholtz

Family room Design/Decor Advice that Shares space with a Kitchen

I moved into this house in August and I am going for a modern farmhouse/transitional look.

People coming into our home go through this octagonal ceiling shaped family room through a sliding door which is shared with my kitchen instead of the front door, so I want to make it a very welcoming place. I want to have all the following in that space and really would like some design advice:

1) An entrance table to the left when you walk in (what color-thinking white the safest) with a mirror above it opposite the couches.

2) I want to have a coffee table but confused to do round, oval, square with weird ceiling shape maybe they should have seats underneath the table since its a popular gathering place and I don't have enought seats plus don't now what color to do it in. Thinking I should do something with black iron trim or legs since I have a farmhouse door off the kitchen.

3) I want to have a side table in between the couch and the chair, but does it have to be same wood as the coffee table? If so, where do I find matching sets?

4) Want to do a rug to define the space but then confused whether to do a round rug or rectangle

5) Want to center the space by doing a wagonwheel chandelier with accents of black trim to complement the farmhouse door with black trim

I want to introduce some color to the couches with pillows and blanets and like the burnt orange or yellow colors as well. Any advice would be so greatly appreciated. The space has been empty like this for 7 months now and time to bring it all together! Thank you so much!!!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES