SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephers123

Need advice for wasted space kitchen design

stephers123
9 years ago

I have been "working" on our kitchen overhaul for the better part of a year and I still am not quite there. Hoping someone might have advice on what I can do with the space. There is a lot of room available, and in the current design, I feel like the space by our sliding door is wasted as well as the space between the wall where the stove is and the penninsula. I also am dying for a mud room. I could use the pantry and make into an area the kids can throw their stuff (bench, hooks, etc) or thinking I could perhaps use some of the wasted space to create a mud room (though that involved an exterior wall and likely a lot more money)
Our garage door opens right into the middle of the kitchen and am thinking we could move it to another area.
The sliding door could move to the left, or we can keep it, but it goes out to a screened in porch.
We also converted the formal living room to a dining room because the original dining room was too tiny for the table I wanted (104").
Question: Any ideas or any ideas on who to go to for ideas? I have been working with a contractor who works with a cabinet company, but they aren't designers. I also paid $250 for a few designs from a contracting company (does design and the work). I could share those too (some included moving the kitchen to the far living room wall, which is kind of growing on me).
Am so lost!!

Comments (12)