7 Little Words today

murraysmom Zone 6a OH

At first I thought "oh no" all the clues used the same word. But it was fun to figure out. It usually is. Great way to start the day.

SaveComment23Like6
Comments (23)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
blfenton

I always start my day with 7 little words and the mini-crossword. Thanks for the warning, :)

1 Like Save     Thanked by murraysmom Zone 6a OH
Judy Good

I usually do not like all the same clues but todays was fun.

Uptown Gal

Always go to it. When I first saw it, I thought, "Oh, good grief, never going to get all of it today",

but the words just kept jumping out at me. LOL Don't think I would want it like that every single

day though.

Lars

I thought today's was particularly easy.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by murraysmom Zone 6a OH
Annie Deighnaugh

It was cleverly done, but easy. I usually find them easy.

Save     Thanked by murraysmom Zone 6a OH
Rusty again

Agreed, it was easy.

Rusty

Ded tired

Yep, fun buy easy.

bpath

It was a fun puzzle today.

I start with Typeshift, then Red Herring, then 7 Little Words because I never finish Red Herring, then the mini. Over breakfast I do a cryptic crossword. If I'm in hold out something I play Monkey Wrench. Then two days a week I look forward to Jasdip's Brain Game. Hmm, it is Sunday, isn't it? But I shan't complain since I don't have puzzles of my own to post.

Can you tell I'm a "wordie"?

eileenc

Such a fun puzzle game!

Fun2BHere

I play 7 Little Words, Monkey Wrench and Red Herring with my first meal of the day. I zip through the first two, but Red Herring requires more thought from me. I always start with the hardest level on Red Herring and then drop down to the middle level if I can't do the puzzle on the hardest level.

rob333 (zone 7a)

That's my favorite. I love all the same clues!

Annie Deighnaugh

What is Red Herring? I don't know that one.

I do the NY Times puzzles every day...I try to do the Hard Sudoku without noting any of the possibilities. I do the Spelling Bee first off though, then the mini and then the regular crossword.

1 Like Save    
bpath

Red Herring gives you 16 words. There are three categories, and you have to put four words in each category. There are four words left over that don’t fit in any category, those are the red herrings. You can either figure out the categories on your own, or have them label the categories. Some words can fit more than one category, making it challenging.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Ah I found it...it is challenging! I played monkey wrench and it's ok too.

1 Like Save    
bpath

Annie, enjoy! I almost never solve it on first opening. It’s one I go back to throughout the day, and I often have to look up one of the words if I don’t know it. Eventually I’ll change the difficulty level!

Save    
nicole___

Ya know......I don't really want a challenge. I want easy! ♥ I liked that one!

Save    
bpath

I like games where you can choose the difficulty level. Some days I’m up for it, some days not!

2 Likes Save    
Lars

I frequently do the Cryptograms, but I do not play any games on my phone. I solve most of the cryptograms with no errors or hints and earn points for that. Right now I have a score of 90% perfect.

Save    
Ded tired

Lars, I like the cryptogram, too. I do it in the newspaper from time to time.

Right now I am obsessed with Spelling Bee in the NYT. I work at it all day. Most days I can get to Amazing and sometimes Genius. I will never make it to Queen Bee unless I stumble on some strange words I don’t know. I follow Deb Koker on Twitter. She is a Spelling Bee master and finishes it every day. I always check her Twitter feed to see how many words are possible.

I do the mini crossword every day and try to finish in less than a minute. Sometimes I do the regular crossword but not always.

Red Herrig is fun but sometimes their categories are ridiculous. I also am still playing Candy Crush. Another good word game is Alphabetty, but I reached the end of that!

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Ded: https://nytbee.com/  will give you the number of pangrams, the number of words possible by the number of letters in each word and it includes a list of words that are not on the acceptable list. It may get you closer to queen bee more often. I usually push through to genius, but don't always make it....especially if there are a lot of words possible...I usually miss so many obvious ones.

2 Likes Save    
Ded tired

Annie, sometimes I could kick myself for missing such obvious words! Today I made Genius, only five words short of Queen Bee. Hmm, that site looks tempting but I need to suffer and figure it out on my own. Sometimes I am annoyed that they don’t accept certain words that I know for sure are authentic English words. Well, maybe I will have a look at that site....

Thanks.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I have sent them emails asking them to add words to the approved list...sometimes they do get added. I think the game is much harder now since Sam took over. He's a real puzzle master. Maybe he'll be open to having more words added to the list.

1 Like Save    
Ded tired

Annie, I missed some obvious ones yesterday. Lost my chance to be Queen Bee.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides 7 Renaissance Design Features Right at Home Today
Your home may be taking design cues from the Medicis, from a single silk pillow to a sky-high ceiling over that four-poster bed
Full Story
Kitchen Design Today’s Coffee Stations Have All Kinds of Perks
Some of these features are so over the top that they will give you a jolt
Full Story
Kitchen Design Kitchen of the Week: Classic Eichler Updated for Today’s Needs
A designer helps a couple honor their midcentury home’s design while creating a kitchen that works for their lifestyle
Full Story