SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellie_kathryn32

How can I improve our front exterior?

Ellie Kathryn
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

EDIT: thank you so much for your responses so far! Here a couple questions I wanted to answer:

the blue squares on the right are modular glass bricks that are special to the Chicago area. They were covered with three layers of paint when we bought the home, and the turquoise you see is the original glass underneath. I don’t love them, but it is a cool aspect of the house that I am unsure of covering.

the door and garage sadly will be staying, so replacing is not an option right now. The driveway will be redone eventually, but for right now i am looking more for opinions on paint colors than major renovations.

i took this photo towards the beginning of March, so the landscaping is quite awful. now things ar blooming and it does appear much different. Thank you all for your advice, it means so much to me as I continue to obsess over this exterior! Xoxo

———————

We are looking to clean up the front of our home. It’s obviously mid century, which isn’t necessarily my style but I would like to stay somewhat true to the architecture. We are going to paint the trim, garage and front door. Any ideas of how to make this look more appealing?

we were considering eventually painting/staining the orange brick, but i have concerns over that too.

thank you so much!

Comments (15)