SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donnatrus

what would you do to improve the exterior of our house?

donnatrus
4 years ago

Hi Houzzers, we are finally nearing the finish line of our front exterior renovation, which included ripping out dying grass, plants and ugly rock strip on front lawn area. Also removed the 70s faux stone, wood trim and shutters around front windows, replaced windows, and removed the weird siding above garage. And added lighting! We had it all stucco’d with a more neutral beige color. It was too yellow before. We’re working with a landscaper for the yard. in California zone 10a, and are going with a Mediterranean garden with a dry creek bed, boulders, white roses, lavender, sage, rosemary, some grasses, rock, and mulch.

We need to get the trim painted. I don’t like the reddish brown of the trim around the roof. And the lighter trim around garage and front door also needs painting. We are want to try to stain the brick on the driveway a dark brown. We hate it but can’t replace just yet.

So my questions are:
-what color would you paint the trim along the roof/gutters? Dark brown/bronze to match the gutters or a lighter color (darker beige, grey??
-what color would you paint the trim around the garage? Beige to match the house or something else?
-would you do anything to the garage doors? Replace or paint? Or leave as is? They are in good shape.
-would you add wood stained shutters to the front windows? Maybe matching our gate stain? I love how wood warms up a space. (See example photo)
-I want to get 2 tall-ish teal/blue pots for in front of the front porch area to add some color. Good idea? How tall?

Anything else that you can suggest or think of would be so appreciated!! And any mock ups would be awesome! Thank you!

Here are a few photos. 1 current (not yet ‘after‘ ;)) and 2 before. Plus one of shutter idea.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County