Good GF pasta for salad?
5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (19)
- 5 years ago
Related Discussions
LOOKING for: Cold Pasta Salad Recipes
Comments (21)This is one of my favorite salads-I also like to stuff a tomatoe with it also. "Sharon's Shrimp Salad" ************************ *4 cups cooked pasta (the tiny "O" ring pasta..al dente) * 1/2 lb cooked shrimp-sliced in half lengthways 1 cup thinly sliced celery 1 cup frozen green peas-cooked till just done! 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes-diced 1/2 cup diced sweet onion 1 small jar of marinated artichoke hearts, cut in chunks salt & pepper to taste grated rind & juice of 1 lemon DRESSING: ********* Equal parts of MARIE'S Blue Cheese Vinagrette (in produce case at the grocery) and Catalina dressing.Blend together & mix into the pasta salad. Mighty Tasty!!...See MoreLooking for good pasta/tortellini salad recipe?
Comments (13)You really don't need a recipe for salad--like soup, it's just a combo of what you like (or have on hand). I rarely make salad the same way twice. For tortellin salad, I generally use one package of white cheese tortellini and one of tri-color, add some halved cherry or grape tomatoes, some of the tiny fresh mozzarella balls, diced pepper/onion/celery, sliced black olives; Maybe some broccoli florets and/or grated carrot. Then it gets a splash of Italian Dressing or Balsamic Vinaigrette. Just before serving, I stir in some julienned fresh spinach and some shaved Parmeggiano Reggiano. But you can definitely put together your own favorite vegetables, dressing, pasta, etc. and you won't go wrong....See MorePasta Salad
Comments (36)That is a beautiful pasta sleevendog. I don't tend to use the longer pastas available around here because it's mostly smoother flat or round stuff. Or long round spirals and large chunky stuff. I have to admit I use cheaper pasta.. but it having a texture, tooth, or groves that are easy to get into is important. And messing around with flavors too. We tend to rotate more than you do than do a bunch of different ones at once.. it's just the two of us now so I have to remember to make less.. like we just finished up a 2-4 day run of eating out a batch of chicken bacon ranch pasta salad that overlapped the tail end of some horseradish brussels sprouts slaw.. tonight I'm cooking off little red taters while the kitchen is hot anyway to chill off to make another round of cold salad. I should do a bean salad soon. Something I've noticed about how I make batches of these kinds of salads is that the quantities of stuff kind of remains the same. Like a box/half/1/3 package depending on what kind it is is the "standard" amount of pasta I use depending on how many cans/meats/veggies. And to the thread in general.. does other cold pasta use count as salad? Or other cold service? Sometimes I make cold stuff with big pasta too. Like big tube pastas or shells, leftover lasagna noodles to stuff or roll up with tuna salad, chicken salad, veggie salads of minced tomato, cukes, onion, olives, ect.. and drizzle with the sauce of choice to keep the pasta moist till service. Having your salad in the pasta instead of having your pasta in the salad. I've done this sort of thing for larger party service on occasion. Or when I end up with tail end packages of big pasta for whatever reason and got a few to pack off with the random can of tuna or whatever for a couple lunches....See MoreRecipe for BLT pasta salad
Comments (36)Sometimes I measure S&P and sometimes I don’t. I find measuring fresh ground pepper to be too much of a PITA. I cut way back on sodium years ago and find I usually only like about half the amount called for in recipes. I often just pour coarse salt in my palm and eyeball it. We like pepper so I’m likely to use more not less. Sometimes I know by taste that I have to add more salt but I can’t offset bland with salt. I have a bunch of salt free spice blends I use and a variety of vinegars to add more zip. Speaking of salt - I‘m amazed by the amount of salt restaurants use - nice restaurants. It’s as if it’s the only spice they’re familiar with. I guess that’s what most people like if they’ve never cut back on sodium. I’ve had more than a few salty meals I couldn’t eat....See More- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
Related Stories

DECLUTTERINGHow to Conquer Kitchen Counter Clutter for Good
Figuring out what’s taking over your work surfaces is half the battle
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPING9 Kitchen Organizing Tips to Help You Waste Less Food
Follow these simple steps to maximize your budget and turn your good intentions into good habits
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOME21 Ways to Waste Less at Home
Whether it's herbs rotting in the fridge or clothes that never get worn, most of us waste too much. Here are ways to make a change
Full Story
ENTERTAININGSimple Pleasures: The Reimagined Potluck
Party guests can bring more to the table than just the food. Enlisting help with setup, decorations and drinks spreads the work and the fun
Full Story
ORGANIZING21 Tips for Organizing Your Stuff
Restore order at home with these ideas for tidying up cupboards, shelves, doors and more
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMESimple Pleasures: 10 Ideas for a Buy-Less Month
Save money without feeling pinched by taking advantage of free resources and your own ingenuity
Full Story
HEALTHY HOME4 Ways to Create Healthy Habits at Home
Do these things to your home to make it easier to get enough sleep, exercise regularly, eat right and relax
Full Story
SHELTERING AT HOME15 Essentials for the Baker’s Kitchen
You can turn out delicious home-baked goods with ease when you own these utensils, tools and pans
Full Story
LIFE6 Easy Design Resolutions That Can Bring You Joy
Try one of these pain-free changes to mark the start of the new year
Full Story
MOST POPULAR33 Magic Household Cleaning Tips
Houzzers from around the world share their tips for transforming housework into child’s play
Full Story



eandhl2