SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_407294653

I hate my newly purchased kitchen- sad face

Bobby Bacala
3 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago
  • Hired a designer. Talking point: "I want you to tell me if my choices go together or not. If the paint is the right tint/tone/color. Does this assembly of backsplash, countertop, floor and cabinet color go together." I have made enough of these choices on my own over the years to know it is not my specialty, so hire someone to lend a hand. I am sick to my stomach over what I think needs to happen next. New floor. New backsplash. Maybe live with the cabinet color.

I have looked at this for weeks trying to talk myself into liking it- I can not get there.

Here are a couple of pics. I love the countertop and had it installed before everything else. The designer said this floor with this backsplash will be fabulous, they are her favorites and none of my neighbors will have it (She got that right) and to just paint the cabinets the same white as the crown moulding and paint the walls the same color too. And the ceiling needs to be ceiling white. She was very confident so I agreed. None of this goes together and does not fit this house.

Now the decision. The backsplash would be easiest to replace, maybe a light gray subway tile?

The floor either needs to come out or the cabinets re-painted- or both.

Waiting on hardware, 8inch gold bars for all.

See the last photo of the floor transformation!! I love it

My Project · More Info

My Project · More Info

My Project · More Info

My Project · More Info

My Project · More Info

My Project · More Info

My Project · More Info

My Project · More Info

The floor looks better already! This time next week Mr and Mrs Baccalieri will show the final product: backsplash, wall color, hardware and, of course, a new floor.

My Project · More Info

My Project · More Info

My Project · More Info

Comments (112)