SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mkdreaming

Please help with paint colors!

mkdreaming
3 years ago

Hello all,

This is our office which is basically our teenage son is now using it for his virtual school. It is a south facing, well-lit room and would like to update the feel of it. My husband doesn’t want to paint the bookcase so it will have to stay as it is.

I’m planning to paint the wall with BM simply white which is the same color with our baseboard. Would it be a good choice?

I also don’t know what to do with the moldings. Should I paint it white or leave it brown? This is the only room that has brown moldings in our house, I guess it was chosen with the built ins. I’m worried that it will look weird with white molding on top of brown bookcase and make ceiling feel lower.

It’s not that I hate dark moldings but the main reason I come up with is that door area. Black door, white baseboard, brown molding and another color for wall. Doesn‘t that seem too much of unmatched colors for a room?

Lastly, I would like to paint the desk with a different color. Dark grey? Dark navy? what color will be best with our floor color and the built ins?

Thank you for reading, any suggestions will be very much appreciated!! :-)

Comments (7)