SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tess8798

Can you recommend me some strongly fragrant roses

Tess P
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi all! I will be growing roses for donation for 2 care facilities in my community next year. I just learned you can donate flowers to them, and I'm very happy to do so. I stopped by the place and was told fragrant flowers would be most popular (yay, for having our sense of smell back, finally!)

I am a junk for cupped roses but not particular after the fragrance. I would like to borrow your knowledge on this forum to help me decide on some roses I can buy later and grow for next year.

The most fragrant roses I have are Fragrant Cloud (I will have to put my nose to it to smell, so I don't really consider it strongly fragrant) and Scepter'd Isle (but gosh I am just not a Myrrh person...it smells like burnt rubber to my nose). I would prefer Fruity, Old Rose, Citrus or Melon scents as they are accepted by more people.

I did some research and picked up some friends' heads, these species are recommended to me:

Lady Emma Hamilton

Emily Bronte

Eustacia Vye

Poet's Wife

Princess Charlene de Monaco

Kiss me Kate

Mister Lincoln

Earth Angel

Oklahoma

Pope John Paul II

Have you grown one or a couple of them? How do you compare them?

I would like to grow a rose with the strongest Fruity, Old Rose, Citrus or Melon scents. Since it's for donation I hope it can quickly establish and rebloom long and often ( I grow Princess Alexandra of Kent, it didn't establish and produce fragrant flower until the 3rd year, so definitely need to skip these).

If you know one that's not on the list can you also let me know. Thanks guys!

Comments (73)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH