What unusual item have you discovered in a book ?
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (15)
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
Related Discussions
HAVE: list of items for unusual items
Comments (9)Hi Carol, Wow, what an oddity! I don't think I've seen that before. I am working on my list of seeds, and just sent you an email with a link to my list. It's a work in progress, and just keeps growing. I find that maintaining the list on GW to be a lot more trouble. Is there anything special you are looking for? Katie...See MoreWhat's the most unusual item you successfully sell?
Comments (5)I tried artichokes a couple of times but found Ohio is too far north to get decent sized chokes or many of them. So had to sell them for something like $2 a piece for undersized artichokes so they did not sell. I found artichokes, being a tender perennial really need a couple of years to get going but also cannot take winter temps below -10F, even with heavy mulch. I believe cardoons are the same way (close relative). Bitter melons will sell as long as you have a SE Asian population. But any of this will sell as long as you know how to cook it, enjoy eating these items and can tell your customers what to do with them. My most unusual item last year was celeriac which started selling well once I got a handle on when to harvest and how to prepare it...See MoreWhat's the ONE "nice to have" item you'd like in your Bathroom?
Comments (56)Love, love, love the washlet/bidet seat. Small item, but I love it, is my tub drain from Mountain Plumbing that can be installed for a deeper soak. Vanities are all wall hung so cleaning the floor is a breeze. I planned my large format tiles so I don't have grout lines right in front of the toilet so that grout doesn't "darken" ahead of the rest of the floor (those of you with boys know what I'm talking about). Custom built medicine cabinets that are 6 inches deep - they only stick out a little bit from the wall, but there's loads of room inside. Outlets for shaver, electric toothbrush inside the cabinet. Outlet inside, back of the vanity so my hairdryer is always plugged in and ready to use, but out of sight when I'm done. And my favorite storage, built into the side of the vanity, so it isn't seen, except from the toilet, this:...See MoreIf you have a MacBook - which one, what specs
Comments (23)I had a 6 year old Mac Airbook that I loved. However, I spilt some tea and the right shift key stopped working. I loved that computer so much that I kept using it with only a left shift key for over a year. Then the touch pad became wonky and it was getting really slow. Long story short, in January I was just "looking" at Best Buy and went home with a brand new Mac Book Pro. They had zero financing and a long try at home period. Now I don't know why I suffered so long with a malfunctioning Mac Air. To answer your original question I had always been a PC user and for somethings I do prefer a PC. If you are doing any picture editing, or art designing go with the Mac Book. My friend has a 15 inch MacBook and uses it for Photoshop but finds it too heavy to take on photo travel. He may buy a smaller 13 inch just so he can carry it on trips without breaking his back....See More- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
Related Stories

LANDSCAPE DESIGNHow Low Can Hedges Go? Discover Unusual Garden Borders
Short enough to step over, high enough to be a stretch ... check out these radically different hedge styles and tell us your opinion
Full Story
FURNITUREDiscover the Big Benefits of Tiny Tables
Don't juggle drinks on a lap or litter a floor with books when a regular table won't fit. Small tables easily pull more than their weight
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESTray Chic: Turn an Everyday Item Into Decor
20 ways this functional carry-all can become a thing of beauty too
Full Story
KIDS’ SPACESThe Family Home: Corral Kids' Books
Keep children's books neatly organized and conveniently located with these clever storage solutions
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGDecluttering Guru: What to Do With 8 Harder-to-Donate Items
These items need not end up in the trash. Here’s where to take or sell your unwanted stuff
Full Story
LIFE'Not My Precious Books!' — Pain-Free Ways to Declutter Your Library
Have your books and neatness too, with these ideas for paring down and straightening up a beloved collection
Full Story
DECLUTTERING7 Household Items to Get Rid of Right Now
Kick-start your January decluttering by clearing out these things around the house
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESDesign Debate: Should You Use Books for Decoration?
Color blocking, books by the yard, blank covers — is all fair in love and decor?
Full Story
SHELVESHow to Gain More Storage With Shelves in Unusual Places
Running out of room to put your stuff? Here are some creative ways to fit in extra shelves
Full Story
DECLUTTERINGHow to Let Go of Unwanted Books and Magazines
Buried in reading material? This guide will help you decide what to keep and what to give away, sell or recycle
Full Story
yoyobon_gwOriginal Author